Fuse Sensor Data to Improve Localization Course - Python
Learn how to fuse GPS, IMU, odometry and other sources of localization.
How can you improve the localization of your robot, when you have multiple localization sensors?
We will solve that localization problem by using the robot localization package.
On this course, you are going to work on the following scenarios:
- Use robot_localization to merge different sensor inputs (IMU, Encoders, etc...).
- Use robot_localization alongside with an external localization system (AMCL).
- Use robot_localization alongside with GPS data.
What you will learn
- Merge multiples sensor data using the robot_localization package
- Using the robot_localization package with an AMCL Localization system
- Adding GPS data to the robot_localization package.
Introduction to the Course
Unit for previewing the contents of the Course.
Merging sensor data
Learn how to use the robot_localization package to merge data from different sensors in order to improve the pose estimation for localizing your robot.
Using an external Localization system
Learn how to use the robot_localization package in combination with an AMCL system external to it.
Learn how to combine robot_localization with an external GPS source.
Final project, where you will have to combine everything you've learned during the course.
Making easier the way the people learn how to program robots.