ROS2 Basics in 5 Days (C++) Course - C++
Learn ROS2 basics now. It doesn't matter if you are new to ROS or a veteran, ROS2 is here to stay.
ROS2 is finally here! This introductory course is intended not only for new ROS users but also ROS1 old users that want to start with ROS2. ROS2 adds a lot of new features that will get traction in the next year. This course will give you the basics for starting ROS2, more than the bells and whistles of ROS2 that are much more advanced topics and will be addressed in their respective specialized courses.
What you will learn
- Creation of ROS2 packages
- Management of the new Colcon universal building system.
- Topic Publishers and subscribers in ROS2 C++.
- New Launch system based on python
- Service servers and client generation for ROS2.
- Basic use of ROS1-Bridge to communicate ROS2 systems with ROS1 systems.
- Use of Debbuging tools in ROS2.
Introduction to the Course
A brief introduction to the contents of the course. It contains a practical demo.
ROS2 Basic Concepts
Basic ROS2 concepts: packages, nodes, compilation, launch files, etc...
How to manage log messages in ROS2. Also, learn how to launch and use RViz2 and how to use the new ros2 doctor tool.
Learn how to to use node composition in order to run multiple nodes in a single process.
Learn how to use ROS1 Bridge to allow communication between ROS1 and ROS2.
Miguel Angel Rodriguez
Crashing engineering problems. Building solutions.
Making easier the way the people learn how to program robots.